Art 9: Composition Photography

The Art 9 students focused on practicing their skills in composing artwork through photography. They implemented five techniques in their work: rule of thirds, balance & rhythm, leading lines, view point and framing. Below each photo, the artists comment on how and why they chose to take the photo.

 Thannathat T.
 Leading Lines: "A perfect test of fusion food" 
This picture was taken at my favorite Japanese restaurant during my last winter break in my hometown Bangkok, Thailand. My focus would be the freshness of salmon under Japanese fish egg. To show how fresh the salmon was how it is like to eat fresh salmon, fish egg and fried shrimp. How amazing it is to test 4 different special foods in just one bite.

 View Point: "Beauty of Music" 
This picture was taken in Woodstock dorms; this is a picture of my guitar the focus of this picture is black guitar from up view to down. I took this picture by putting my camera 15cm above guitar neck. This picture describes beauty of guitar and music is also show view point technique.

 Rule of Thirds: "Lemon Juice with Sunset"
This picture was taken at one of the restaurant near my house during winter break.  The focus of this picture is a glass of lemon juice with a twisted straw on the left side of picture. I tried to communicate the awesome moment on afternoon sunset with a cold lemon juice.



Ha Young K.
Framing: "Lively in Dark Temple"
I wanted to show the contrast between the dark framing and colorful outside of the temple. If I show only outside it will be beautiful but not any interesting points of the picture, but with the framing it makes more attractive and the picture better.
 
Leading Lines: "Being Conducting"
I want to highlights the lines and tell people how lines can draw people’s eyes according to the lines. I think this techniques is really amazing leading audience’s eyes according to the photographer.

Rule of Thirds: "My Darling" 
The color of the flower and the wall looks so nice, because of the harmony of colors. I wanted to show and communicate how well the color mixed up together. Also I wanted to tell how beautiful this is by affecting from the light.




Jahnvi G.
Leading Lines: "Drops of Diwali"
This photo was taken at my house during the Diwali ceremony. The focus of this picture is the different diyas or lights at Diwali. I didn’t actually compose this picture; the diyas have to be set in a certain way during the ceremony. I just took the picture from the right side of the diya arrangement. I wanted to highlight the beauty of Diwali and the pretty lights. I am trying to convey the beauty in small things like these diyas, they are really pretty. And on Diwali there are so many of them.
 
 View Point: "Through the Trees"
This picture was taken on a hike. The focus of this photo is the tall trees and the sun shining through them. I took this picture with my sister’s cool camera and composed it when we stopped to rest. I wanted to highlight the height of the trees, and wanted to tell people to reach high like these trees. Always hold on to your dreams

 

Khiloni L.

Leading Lines: "Pathway to Paradise!"
This photo was taken at a train station, behind my house in Ahmedabad. The focus point here is the girl walking on the train tracks. I am composing leading lines here, by standing at the beginning of the tracks, and taking a picture of someone walking on it. In this photo I wanted to highlight the beautiful nature around the place I live, and this picture is supposed to convey emotion. It’s supposed to look dramatic, emotional, and a little mysterious. So I am communicating emotional feelings through this picture.


Namita J.
 Balance & Rhythm: "Amazing Indian Art and Culture"
This photo was taken in a Fort in Jaipur, Rajasthan in 2012 in Activity week’s art trip. The Focus is the window on the top part of the building. This is an example of balance and rhythm because of the symmetry that can be seen in this picture. This picture is highlighting the complex Indian art and how it has been preserved till now. This picture depicts the rich Indian culture passing down through generations.

 

Sara K.
 
Balance & Rhythm: "The Unraveling"

I tried to make sure that the center of the flower is the center of the picture. The first time I took the picture it had two of these flowers in it. Then I decided that one flower would fit better for balance and rhythm. I like how in this picture the flower sort of unravels. I would like to communicate that beauty sometimes takes time to unravel.

 

Xumsel C.
 Leading Lines: "Day of the Double Rainbow"
This photo was taken in my village. The focuses are prayer flags that stand out under the two rainbows. I put the prayer flags a little off towards the left side. I put the flags onto the left side because I wanted both the rainbows to show and this was one of the ways that was possible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment