Studio 2: Home Diptychs

For some people, defining "home" is an easy task. Here at Woodstock, however, it is often quite difficult. The Studio 2 students were asked to reflect on the concept of home. Here are some of their definitions:

-Happiness, where everyone keeps me happy and knows me. Where my stomach is happier.
-Where you can totally relax and be comfortable.
-No matter where I go, I can always turn back and knock on its door, which will always be open for me.
-Home is temporary. Any new place that becomes close to one's heart becomes "home."
-Wherever you sleep.


After reflecting on their literal or conceptual home, the students created diptychs (a pair of images that always function together).

Sizzling eggs on a frying pan
Sizzling fly on an electric flying catcher
Sounds that remind me of my home

"My mom's fried egg"
or scrambles...
"Get rid of flies"
and mosquitos...

Paul J, Grade 12



Morning
Tea
Drowsiness
Hands
People

Dai K, Grade 12




My House

small,
cozy,
old-fashioned.

surrounded by
trees and brick walls.

contrasts the tall buildings nearby.
contrasts the city view.

my aged,
unchanging house.
Eun A J, Grade 12




Joy
Childhood
Happiness
Places I Can Call Home
Bringing Back the Child in Me
When Worlds Meet: Melbourne, Mussoorie,
Delhi, Mizoram
Yellow Brick Road
Personal Roots
Memories
Sunny Day
Building
Cities
One

Joshua S, Grade 12

0 comments:

Post a Comment